Wednesday, January 16, 2013

More being prepared...

After I posted yesterday, I realized we probably have less support than most people. We're not religious, so we don't have church support. We're new to Texas, and most of my time has been spent without a truck, so I don't know many people here. Ok, honestly? I know my girlfriend from way back (before kids, way back!), and there's another lady I talk to on facebook from the area. Then we have people at his work that I've met. That's about all! So, if something would happen, we'd truly be all alone. Makes my planning more important than ever!
Once we move and I have daily access to my mail, I'll order our credit reports and social security statements. You can find our from Social Security how much you're slated to receive should something happen. They tell you retirement income, disability, and survivor benefits along with your income for the past 10 or so years. Hubby would be out of luck if I would die or get hurt first as I've been a stay at home mom most of our marriage. I really need to work on our savings and passive income.

No comments: